The reason why some directories are not showing in the Directories overview for a location is because the location has been classified as a Service-Area Business (SAB), also known as having a Hidden Address.
A Service-Area Business offers services directly at the customer's location instead of at their registered business address. Because the actual location of the business is hidden, some directories do not support this functionality.
Some directories which do not support a hidden address are:
- All In-Dash Navigation providers (HERE, TomTom, Nokia, etc.)
- Apple Maps
- Business Branchenbuch/Unternehmensauskunft
- eLocal (including CitySearch and Insider Pages)
- E Trusted (the platform is sunsetting)
- Go Local/Meinungsmeister
- Holiday Check
- Trip Advisor
- List is subject to change due to directories changing their functionalities on a regular basis
Directories which do support a hidden address:
Here are some (international) directories which do support a hidden address:
- Central Index
- Next Door
- List is subject to change due to directories changing their functionalities on a regular basis.
How to indicate a Hidden Address
In the App, you can choose to hide a business' address by visiting the Basic Data page of a locations Profile and checking the box shown below:
For more information about Service Areas, how they work and how you can best manage them in our platform, see our Helpjuice article entitled Service Areas.